|ITSASONDOAN: Cover SAINT-JEAN-DE-LUZ Start Page|
|Since 1907 this Hotel follow its brilliant term.
Every house of surroundings have changed, but
there is still this elegant BUILDING,
history of a moment (3 stories),
surviving portrait of a time where ladies and gentlemen
came from far away lands to enjoy
the landscape, the beach and their appreciated waters.
Diverse centers of Talasoterapia still remain,
throughout the Basque coast.
Their singular presence celebrates that, at least,
some excellences of the past, resists the test of time.
There is a parking inside the enclosure, for guests.
|After numerous intents of making front of the waves of the sea during two centuries, from the XVII century with the celebrated architect Vauban, always failed for reasons financial mainly, toward the end of the XIX, when is consolided the transformation of the walk; for where before the train circulated, with the development and fame of the sea bathrooms, concluding the walk until the hill (neighborhood Santa Bárbara) toward 1932.
The Hotel of the Golf, owes their name to that because of the Golf was next to it. It's erected between 1903 and 1905
as neo-Basque palace. Deployed in fan, with their protected beautiful front of the western wind,
it was designed by the architect François-Joseph Cazalis, that resided in Baiona.
|In these images, among the years 40 and 50.
In the following years
it is already configured
the current layout, like
it's appreciable up.
This Hotel remains,
in this way, as an elegant souvenir
of one century ago,
in one of the current most attractive walks
in the Basque coast.